Our Legal Team
Joe began his work in estate planning as a life and health insurance agent in 1984. He graduated from Brigham Young University Law School in 1993. After completing a judicial clerkship in Utah, he taught college for two years. In 1996 he began his legal practice in the estate planning and asset protection areas. He moved to Boise, Idaho, in 1999 and is a founding member of the Intermountain Legal Group. His practice is limited to the areas of estate, business, and retirement planning and asset protection.
Joe is licensed to practice in Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington. He has worked on committees drafting statute proposals and is a member of the taxation and probate and trusts section of the bar association. He frequently lectures on estate planning issues for the public as well as the insurance and legal communities. Joe and his wife Heidi have four children and two grandchildren.
He graduated from Brigham Young University Law School in 1993. Joe is licensed to practice in Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
In 1996 he began his legal practice in the estate planning and asset protection areas.
Areas of activity
- Joe co-authored the book Living and Learning, Achieve Retirement and Education Security.
- He is a past president of the Idaho Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
- He has served on the board of directors for NAIFA–Boise, the NAIFA-Idaho Day on the Hill Committee and is the current Professional Development and Programs Chairman for NAIFA Idaho.
- He served several years as chairman of the Idaho Roundtable, an estate planning educational forum for Attorneys, CPAs and Insurance and Financial Services advisors in Idaho and is a LILI graduate.
- Joe also serves on the public policy committee for the Idaho NonProfit Development Center.
- Joe is the 2010 recipient of the Bill Rankin Advisor of the Year Award presented annually to a member of NAIFA Idaho who provides exemplary service to NAIFA Idaho, his community and the financial services industry.
Andrea joined Intermountain Legal Group in 2013 and her practice focuses primarily in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, trusts and probate.
She graduated from Brigham Young University Law School in 1993 where she served as a Lead Articles Editor on the BYU Law Review.
Before joining Intermountain Legal Group, Andrea practiced law in Salt Lake City, Utah in the areas of real estate development and business litigation.
Andrea is licensed to practice law in Idaho and Utah and lives in Boise with her husband, Ben, their four children and two dogs.
Colin joined Intermountain Legal Group in 2016 and brings nearly a decade of experience in estate planning and elder law to our practice. He also has experience in advising clients in state and municipal political redistricting. He is a graduate of Concordia University School of Law and Weber State University.
In 2020 he was elected to the Idaho State Legislature as a state representative for Boise where lives with his wife and two young children.